Wine Appreciation Courses, Brisbane
- Courses presented in general appreciation as well as advanced imported wines, trade/staff courses and special master classes.
- Courses presented by Masters of Wine Andrew Corrigan MW and Peter Scudamore-Smith MW.
- The general wine course is structured and assessment and certificate are offered.
- Practical information – approx 12 wines tasted each session
- Course includes booklet and home tasting guides.
- Various locations in Brisbane City depending on numbers
- Gift vouchers are available.
- On completion of the course attendees will be invited to attend Wine Guild Tasting Functions.
- Trends explained – “icon” wines, new brands, famous brands
Wine Appreciation – A General Course
This course runs for four evenings. It covers a beginner to intermediate level of knowledge. The course includes the content of the Australian Society of Wine Education (ASWE) Wine Appreciation Course. For Attendees in the wine/hospitality trade, the course covers the content listed in the national standard training module “BFB4 Basic Food and Beverage” and much of the content of the Wine Knowledge modules (ADFB). The ASWE Certificate Exam, with national accreditation, is included in the course. A 60 minute exam is held at the conclusion of the final evening offering a Pass, Credit or Distinction level Embossed Certificate.
Approximately 50 wines are tasted through the course. Information includes how to taste, recognising quality; how to match wine and food; opening and serving wine; storage, cellaring, investment; regions of Australia; main wine styles and varieties including sparkling, dessert and fortified wines.
Tasting and Talking about Wine – Internationally
This course runs for four evenings. It covers an intermediate level of knowledge and features wines from classic regions around the world served side by side with Australian examples.
Approximately 50 wines tasted over four weeks in comparative brackets that focus on classic wines around the world.
These are one evening sessions where each session focuses on a particular style or grape. The topics include Chardonnay; Riesling, New and emerging varieties; Pinot Noir; Shiraz and Rhone Varieties; Cabernet, Merlot and Bordeaux varieties; Sparkling Wines including Champagne.